Thursday, October 9, 2014

Alexander Hamilton

Alexander Hamilton was one of those Founding Fathers that you don’t really think about when you think of Founding Fathers. From what I have observed, most people don’t even know who Hamilton is, let alone that he was a Founding Father. Hamilton was born in Charlestown, England to Rachel Faucette Hamilton on January 11, 1757. 

In 1772 Hamilton got an education at Kings College in New York City (now University of Columbia). While attending, Hamilton's friend Robert Troup spoke of him in a speech mentioning Hamilton's political viewpoints and his ability to speak in front of crowds. America never got to see what kind of president Alexander Hamilton would have been because to be a president a requirement is that you have to be born in the United States, but as I mentioned he was born in England. But Hamilton was the first Secretary of Treasury and later made it to the ten dollar bill.

If you would like to find out more about Alexander Hamilton click HERE, HERE, or HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I must admit I didn't even know some of these things. I was going to ask if you found a picture but I guess I can look on a ten dollar bill for a picture. Where did you find your information?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry. I commented on the wrong post but it is here on this page at the Sargent York post.

    ReplyDelete