Monday, October 13, 2014

Great Depression

For my project I worked on the Great Depression. At that time Herbert Hoover was President. It lasted from 1929-1939. This was important in history because the economy fell and it was the biggest recession in history. This effected every country. Twenty five percent of America was unemployed.
It was especially hard for farmers between 1929-1932 farm income shrank 50%.  Industry was operating at half of its former rate. In 1932 32,000 business failed and almost 1,500 banks closed.  What little the farmers did have was wiped out by severe drought and dust storms. This area was called the Dust Bowl. Prices have changed drastically since 1939. movie tickets where $0.23 in 1939 now they cost $8.15. For sites I got my info from click HERE or HERE

1 comment:

  1. I wonder how much a loaf of bread cost compared to how much someone made during that time? I would also like to know where you got your information. Remember how to link or include book titles?

    ReplyDelete